Sunday, December 9, 2012

Im looking to get teeth plants for my father.?

Q. The 1st place we checked wants to charge him 50,000 wow! Anyone know somewhere a little more reasonable- Denver, CO>?
His teeth are really bad & he wants to get all of them done to avoid future problems... What do you suggest?

A. Chronic pain from teeth is terrible. Your poor father.

Listen, no one can afford $50,000. Get a good oral surgeon or dentist, and discuss having several teeth extracted. Get set up with a couple of good implants. At least 2 good ones on the bottom for sure. Then get him a partial lower denture that can attach and be supported by the implants. He would be just fine wearing an upper denture without any implants.

A lower denture is much harder to use, and tolerate without implants. So lower implants are a must. Dentures will likely cost any where from $1700-$2600 depending on quality of denture/acrylic chosen. The implants could cost $1000-$1300 each. So a total around $5,200 total worst case scenario. Still much better then 50 grand.

I think your father will be relieved to have no pain once those teeth come out. He will also probably feel better about himself when he gets renewed confidence from a denture he can help pick out. He gets to pick the colour, size of teeth, and quality.

Take Care


why is it when you go to the dentist they put that thing on you before they take the x-rays?
Q. I went to the dentist today and I it made me wonder why they do.

A. If you're talking about the heavy vest, it's to limit the exposure of your internal organs to x-rays. Although modern dental x-ray equipment is very precise, there is still some slight scattering of the x-ray beam beyond your teeth. It's just good practise to limit the total x-ray exposure of your body, particularly your lungs and sexual organs.... so dentists usually will put a special x-ray absorbing vest over your chest. It's heavy, as it contains a lead lining. The whole thing gives you much less exposure than you would get on a jet flight to denver, but it's a good idea, as radiation exposure effects are cumulative over your lifetime.


Does medicaid cover dental for adults?
Q. I have a disability and receive medicaid along with my SSI. I am in great need of dental work but have come up short in locating a place in the Denver, Colorado area that takes medicaid. Is there anyone that can direct me to a dentist that provides services for adults with medicaid? Thank you.

A. No


Extensive, cheap or even better, free dental help near Denver?
Q. I need gaps fixed, I need veeners, crowns, implants, whatever I can get to make my smile complete. I use to have a low-cost dentist but now he's partnering with a business that's charging way too much. I can't handle costs, my teeth are in bad shape. Please, any help is amazing.

A. Try a local university dental school, they will do most of the work cheap, it will be performed by a competent student close to graduation supervised by a well experienced dentist.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment