Sunday, December 9, 2012

Could I ask the dentist for a thicker wire for my braces?

Q. I had 1 year with braces already and theres not much difference. The dentist said I need 2 to 2 and 1/2 years with it. Can I ask the dentist to put in a thicker wire next time to speed up the progress?

A. Ya, You can. But he might not b'cuz maybe he might not think that you need it that much. but you can definetly ask him to.


Is it ok to ask a dentist out for a date or number?
Q. I'll be going to the dentist next week and she's hot and would like to take her out on a date. So, is it really okay to ask a dentist for their number?

A. I do not think it is correct to ask this person out in a professional setting. If you think there's a chance that she is interested in you too, you could try to arrange a casual meeting in a social setting, but do yourself a favor and DO NOT ask her out in the office.


Are these reasonable terms to ask my dentist for before he puts in a IV sedation for my wisdom teeth removal? ?
Q. Is it a reasonable request of me to ask the dentist to first give me laughing gas and numbing gel on my arm first and to wait until I'm comfortable enough to let him do the iv? Because I'm terrified of needles and can't do gas alone, I've already tried. I also have schizoaffective disorder and the stress from freaking out about it makes my voices worse. Are these reasonable requests?

A. It is not unreasonable, but it won't happen. It is either Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas), or IV sedation, but you won't get both. That is never done. And topical gel will not work on a arm. I have answered you in the past, and I am going to give you the same advice. You need to ask the medical doctor who treats your condition, what is the best way for you to get through this. I am sure he has some ideas.


Can I ask the dentist to not put the numbing paste stuff on before the Novocain shot?
Q. I asked this before, but got only one answer. =/

=) Can I ask the dentist to not put the numbing cream on my gums before he injects the novocain? I don't like the taste of it on my gums, and he usually accidentally gets it on my tongue. If the numbing cream doesn't serve a purpose over than my not feeling the novocain needle, can I just not get it? Needles don't bother me at all.

A. Yes. It's pretty pointless, anyway. The pain from the injection doesn't really come from the needle itself, but the pressure caused by forcing all that fluid into a tiny space. I'm sure he won't be offended if you tell him you prefer not to have it.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment