Sunday, December 9, 2012

Which career is better for a person with a family?

Q. I'm a married mother of five children. I am now going back to school finally and entering my Sophmore year of college. I have pondered a career in Pharmacy and Dentistry. I have shadowed both pharmacists and dentists and like both careers. Which career would allow me more time with my family in the long run?

A. Probably dentistry...

I can't see a pharmacist that is employed by a large business working at her leisure.... The first time you tell your employer that your idea of "salary" means working 20 hours a week.... you will not have that job for long.

But as a dentist and being a part of a larger office.... I guess it is up to you how many patients you want to see a day, right?


What are the benefits of being a dentist in Québec?
Q. I need to know this for my career class.
If you anything, even if its a guess, I would most grateful for your help.
Thanks a ton!

A. 1. Serving the humanity

2. rewarding career

3. with the universal health care there is a guarantee for geting a job (before it gets saturated) and job security.


How can I make a career change & a living as a photographer, also which photography schools are best?
Q. I began a new hobby last December that I absolutely love and would like to turn into a career. I have no formal training in photography, but would consider going back to school to get another degree. I already have a B.A. in Psychology. I know that very, very few photographers get rich or become famous. I just want to love what I do and earn enough to make a living for one person.

A. http://www.brooks.edu/

This is a very good school.


Personally, I would not recommend photography as a career.

Photography is extremely competitive and only a few can make a real living at it.

Truck drivers, dentists, plumbers, and optometrists make far more money than the average photographer. Those professions are useful and physically productive. They help the common good.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with photography as a career but I think you will find it ultimately frustrating and a endless drain on your pocketbook. Most photographers do not break even.


j


What courses/classes did you take in college/high school to help you become a dentist?
Q. i want to become a dentist and im a senior in high school now.. but i was just wondering what classes i should take to be prepared. im taking a college course at another school for dental assistant this year. and did you go to community college, university and dental school?

A. Ah, the wonderful prerequisites of dentistry.... Science, science, and more science! The school you plan to attend will have specific requirements, but you can bet it will be lots of science classes, composition, and some math.
I went to a university, it looks a lot better than a community college. In total, it's eight years! Be ready for lots of hard work, lots of studying, and a great career :)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment