Sunday, December 9, 2012

In what age should parents take their kids to a Pediatric Dentist?

Q. In what age should parents take their kids to a Pediatric Dentist? I have 3 and 2 years-old.
My kids seem to have good teeth.
My friend told me that they do not really do much when kids are little other than tell you that they need to brush their teeth.
My kids are not in our Insurance plan. Should we add them now or wait till they become certain age?
How much is one pediatric dentist visit (just talk to the dentist)?
How much is one pediatric dentist visit (just talk to the dentist)? <= without insurance

A. My pediatrician told us that by four, they should absolutely go to the dentist. Before 3 - 4 years, they're too little to sit in the chair for the exam so it's not really worth it.

As long as you're brushing their teeth they should be fine. You may want to add the 3 year old, though...


Pediatric Dentist wants to sedate our daughter to fill a cavity. Is this safe?
Q. Our daughter will be 4 next October. This week her pediatric dentist wants to fill a cavity. My wife took her in and the dentist said she would be sedated. I was doing a google search and found out that it's better to bring in an anesthesiologist for even a sedation. I don't want to do anything that puts my daughters life or well being in jeopardy. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

A. Certain dentists are educated in anesthesiology. If he has the credentials, I don't see why it would be a problem.


Pediatric Dentist wants to sedate our daughter to fill a cavity. Is this safe?
Q. Our daughter will be 4 next October. This week her pediatric dentist wants to fill a cavity. My wife took her in and the dentist said she would be sedated. I was doing a google search and found out that it's better to bring in an anesthesiologist for even a sedation. I don't want to do anything that puts my daughters life or well being in jeopardy. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

A. I wouldn't have a dentist sedate anyone I cared about, but then, I'm picky about safety.

Dentists do not have training in pediatric resuscitation. Ask if they have a pediatric crash cart with a Broselow tape, and when the dentist last updated his/her PALS certification. Dentists do not follow the same safety standards that anesthesiologists do.


What kind of classes should I take in high school to be a pediatric doctor or dentist?
Q. im in 9th grade, but starting to think about college.
Can you tell me the differences between a pediatric doctor and a pediatric dentist?

*The different salaries
*What classes should I take in high school?
*How many years of college for each
*What classes do I take in college?

A. Well, pediatric means children. So a doctor would be someone who diagnoses and assess health of children, and a dentist would take care of their teeth and such.

It depends on where you live, both would make great salaries, I assume. Go to payscale.com or salary.com and look up whatever you want.

Take challenging math courses like calculus and such. Lots of sciences like anatomy, chemistry, biology, and anything else health or body related. Find out if your school offers AP classes for college credit.

Medical school is required for both professions, that's four years. But before you go to med school, you must take four years of pre med, so you're looking at eight or more years of college. There is also training and such before you may be eligible to get a medical license and begin independent work.

Your college academic adviser will guide you through picking all your classes throughout your college career.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment