Sunday, December 9, 2012

i have had antibiotics from my dentist but am now suffering from headaches?

Q. i have not had a dentist for quite a while and used to suffer from toothache alot which i tried to control with painkillers, i managed to get an emergency dentist when the pain got too much to bare, who prescribed me amoxycillin (500mg - 3xaday for 5 days). Now the toothache has gone but i have been suffering from splitting headaches. Why is this?

A. Call and see if you could have further damage to nerves or what ever.


Home remedies for a painful tooth extraction aftermath ?
Q. My mom had her lower back tooth removed a few days ago and its hurting her like crazy, she could barely eat and i looked at it, it deffinitely looks infected but theres no emergency dentists around anywhere and she already went to the regular ER. Shes on pain medication but is there any home remedies that can reduce the pain? She says her whole head hurts from her tooth and her cheeks feel sore.

Help please??

A. The most effective, besides medication, is ice.
Put an ice pack on the jaw where it hurts; leave it on for 20 minutes ONLY; wait at least 20 minutes and put it on again.
I had wisdom teeth removed; that's what I did.


will they cancel my general anesthetic if im on antibiotics for a tooth abscess?
Q. hi im due to go in for foot surgery on monday. i will be having a general anesthetic. i have developed an abscess on my tooth which i think i will be getting antibiotics for from the emergency dentist tomorrow. will this affect my operation on monday?

A. The general principle is that an elective (planned) operation is only undertaken when the patient is as fit as he can be. If you have an infection already, the risk is that the infection can spread to the operation site. Orthopaedic surgeons are particularly fussy, because bone and joint infections are particularly difficult to deal with. It is not the general anaesthetic that should be cancelled, it is the operation.


How much does root canal cost?
Q. In the UK, how much roughly does it cost to have a root canal done privately? I don't have a regular dentist but I had a toothache about 6 weeks ago and saw an emergency dentist who fixed that tooth but says I need a LOT of work done on my teeth.....I have a lot of cavities (9!) which need filled, but he can't do them because he only does emergency cases. Yes, I know it's terrible having so many cavities, but I've avoided the dentist completely for 10 years because I've been too scared to go.

Anyway, I don't start working until August, so I can't afford to get all the work done until then, when I plan to register with a private dentist. But I have one tooth at the minute which is bothering me, sharp pains with lingering sensitivity to cold things, and people I've spoken to have said I probably need a root canal.

I don't think I can leave this tooth until August, it's getting more painful now, so I was wondering how much it would cost just to get this one tooth taken care of?
Are you kidding???? Hundreds of pounds??? Screw that, I can't afford it!!!

I had 3 premolars extracted when I was younger before I got braces, and my wisdom teeth need to go according to the dentist I saw 6 weeks ago.....do you think it would be OK to lose another tooth? Or should I really pay that much money to save it?

A. sorry to hear you're in pain, that's tough! everyone i've known who's had root canals wished they never did it - they often have complications. last fall i had my wisdom teeth removed, and had to have a molar next to one of them removed also ( i had the option of root canal or just removing it) and it's ok now, i don't miss it, pain's gone. so if it's a few back teeth you wouldn't miss, you may just want to ask them to just remove them...good luck!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

1 comment:

  1. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing...
    the best dental insurance

    ReplyDelete