Sunday, December 9, 2012

Where do you go if you cant afford a dentist?

Q. I have no medical insurance as I am working through a temp assignment. I need a dentist really bad as so does my fiance as he doesnt have a job at all. where do I go? I live in San Francisco Ca. Any help out there? Please I need a dentist by this week if at all possible. My front tooth is going to go soon. I feel by this week.

A. If you just need a cleaning visit a dental hygiene college clinic. If you need dental work visit a dental college.

Visit www.ada.org to find dental colleges in your state. Give them a call. Dental work at lower prices.


Where in San Francisco Can I Volunteer for a dentist ?
Q. Do you know any public dental clinic Volunteer opportunity in San Francisco. Or do know a website I that I can check out or a phone # to call. I was denied from several clinics.
Thank you guys for your help

A. just find someone near you and give them a call to meet with them

in person is the strongest impression

enjoy


What does fluoride do and should you ingest it?
Q. Dentists use fluoride to coat your teeth during your visits, it's in mouthwash, it's in toothpaste.... and it's also in TAP WATER, such as in San Francisco. Why do they include fluoride in water if you're not suppose to swallow it?

A. This is a question of biology and chemistry. Fluoride is an active ion that replaces the Calcium ion in . Hydroxyappitite is the basic structure of enamel. It has been shown that this new crystalline structure is resistant to the ravages of the decay process. It has also been shown that the three pronged attack of fluoride in the water, tooth paste and the dental applications do the best. It is important to know that ,like most biochemistry, amount of application is very important. You will not harm your physiology by low doses of fluoride, however, high doses of fluoride are used as rat poison. That is why stores don't sell gallons of fluoride. Fluoride is measured in parts per million.
DDS 33yrs


Does anybody know of physicians and/or optometrists giving free exams to Peace Corps applicants?
Q. Does anybody know of physicians and/or optometrists in the San Francisco Bay Area or San Luis Obispo, CA area that do free exams for Peace Corps applicants? I was able to find a dentist, but my insurance won't cover exams for third parties, so I need to find somebody that will do these exams for free. I have tried the VA Hospital and the airport bases and they don't do them anymore.

A. Try the phone book. Call people and ask.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment