Saturday, December 8, 2012

What is zoom whitening? What's the best way to get my teeth whiter?

Q. How does zoom whitening work? What other options are available from a dentist? What price range would I be looking it? What are the best at-home products, and do they even compare to having it done professionally? Personal experiences or professional opinions are appreciated, but everyone is free to comment! Thanks guys :)

A. Professional whitening does work the best. There are basically 2 options. Zoom whitening or in-office bleacing and the second option is custom take home trays. Both methods should be supervised by a dentist in order to get the best results and be in the dentists' office where the dentist can minimize sensitvity and help mitigate any problems. All whitening can make the teeth sensitive, but zoom whitening does more so than other methods. The light shining on the teeth dehydrates the teeth making them sensitve but it also makes them lighter but there is greater rebound from zoom whitening than with take home whitening trays. The take home trays take longer for the teeth to get whiter but the teeth whiteing will be more stable over time and take more time to fade.
I recommend all of my patients to brush only with sensitivity toothpate (such as sensodyne) for atleast 2 weeks before beginning whitening to reduce sensitvity. I also have desensitizing solutions in my office to help.
The at home products are average, I wouldn't waste my money on any of them except for the Crest Whitestrips. If you try custom home trays you won't like the whitestrips. I've seen some "burning gums" from the stips and they aren't as strong, so they take longer, you may need 3 or 4 boxes.
Prices... most dentists charge 400-500 for bleaching with the in-office method with a combination of take home trays. 250 for take home trays only. I give all my new patients free custom take home trays and bleach as a thank you for being a patient they also get free refills of bleach at every cleaning. But that is rare.
Good Luck!


Can i Get Amoxicillin Over The Counter?
Q. I recently went to the dentist with a swollen gum around my wisdom tooth and it turned out to be an infection. I took amoxcillin and it cleared up. Now my other wisdom tooth has started to swell around the gum. I know amoxcillin will clear up but can i get it over the counter and not have to pay dentist prices for them to tell me what i know. Thanks in advance.

A. you can contact the dentist and ask for a prescription. that,s about it.


Does anyone know of a good dentist in Jamaica and his email address?
Q. I've heard Jamaica has some great dentists and much cheaper prices than here in the USA.
I've searched but can't seem to find an Email address for any dentist in Jamaica.
Any help will be appreciated.
Montego Bay area please.

A. nope no good dentists in montego bay but there is one in kingston! his name is dr jefferey meeks an old hope road near to half way tree!! he is the best in jamacia! his prices are high thou but great service comes with high prices!!hope i helpedd!! heres his website!!


Where can I find a cheap and reasonably good dentist in Sydney?
Q. I am oversea student and I'm with AHM basic health cover. There is a hole in one of my teeth. Where can I find a reasonablly priced dentist to fix that? I heard it is very expensive to go to the dentist here.

Also if anyone is with AHM, do you know if I buy their extra cover, will the dental expenses be covered? Yes I have already asked them I'm waiting for a reply.

Thank you very much.

A. All dentists charge like bulls you can take out extra cover for dental but wont be covered for about 6 months.The dentist fee must be paid on the same day you recieve treatment so looks like you will be out of pocket this time,





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment