Saturday, December 8, 2012

Do you take your children to the dentist for regular checkups?

Q. I was telling a co-worker that I am taking my 4 year old daughter to the dentist next week to get her teeth cleaned and I couldn't believe what he said.... "Why take children to the dentist? Their teeth are going to fall out anyway."

A. GODDDDD.

ok i took a breath....YOUR FRIEND IS A MORON. Taking your kid for regular checks is still important even if they are falling out. THey dont check just teeth, they check your gums, they check for diseases, they check your jaw alignment, they check a lot of different stuff that will affect them as adults. They also teach your kid proper dental hygiene and if you dont know it your gonna have screwed up teeth as an adult and it will just cost you tons of wasted $ in the end. I take mine every 6 months like clockwork. I'm a teeth fanatic but trust me you really should be with your kid. Did you know you can die from getting just an abcess in your mouth? Ahhh i cant stress how important it is, I hope you do it too.


Why is my teeth cheaping near the gum?
Q. I don't know if I have gum disease. When I was little I had my teeth rotting away they put silver caps on, but when I got 3 grade they removed them. My teeth seem to be rotting away again. When I was little my Dentist said fluoride is good for you, but if you get to much it could rot your teeth. My child dentist said I was getting to much fluoride.

A. fluoride is not good for you that is a false statement. there is no bodily requirement for fluoride by the body and therefore should be treated for what it is - a poison.


can i go to Clark atlanata university, or Xavier university for dental school?
Q. i want to attend Clark or Xavier but i want to be a pedodontist[ a childs dentist] are these good schools to attend for this job feild? also how many years of school would i need to have this job?

A. xavier is a good school and u will need a bachelors + phd so like 6 years


What was your little one's first dentist appointment like?
Q. We are starting to look into dentists for our twins - so I thought I would check in to see what your experience was like:

1) How old was your child when you first took them to the dentist?

2) How did you select your dentist? Was it a regular dentist or a special children's dentist?

3) What happened during that 1st appointment?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Best wishes for the New Year!

A. My daughter was 17 months when she went to the dentist the first time. She went to a pediatric dentist that specializes in children 0-17 years old. During her first appointment the dentist brushed her teeth, attempted to count her teeth (she didn't cooperate and he didn't force) and put a fluoride paste on her teeth. She sat in my lap the whole time and it was not traumatic at all. She recently went back for her 2nd appointment a month ago and she let them do everything this time.

ETA~ Thought I should add that my daughter just turned 2 on Dec. 20th.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment