Saturday, December 8, 2012

young lady who has a not so pretty smile because of my missing teeth does anyone no a free dentist in Georgia?

Q. Although I am 33 I've never had pretty teeth and it makes me so uncomfortable talking to somene so all my life I just learned to talk looking towards the ground praying no-one would notice my big spaces between each tooth. Pleases if anyone knows a free dentist because I have no isurance.

A. I hate to say it, but even most dental schools don't do free work unless you get lucky and can get certain teeth done for free in an experiment. They usually do work for a discounted price- generally about a third of what it would cost outside of the school in exchange for being there for longer appointments.

I think that the only way you'll be lucky enough to get free work done is by being chosen for an extreme makeover.

On the other hand, consider that dental work isn't just an aesthetic concern, but that dental problems can affect your overall health. I think it is important to make health care a priority over other things less important- when it comes to spending- but I realize that not everyone sees things that way.
.
If you are worried about replacing missing teeth, there are many ways to do it- some much more economical than others. I think that most schools will help you with financing the treatment that you need.
I hope that helps.

Oh- about the board exams-
Yes, it's true that some students will pay to do work on patients for their exams, but you have to understand that these exams require a very specific type of problem (certain type of filling/deep cleaning of a quadrant of your mouth, etc.) to be included. Don't expect to be able to have all of your teeth fixed that way. Also, don't expect that you'll be getting implants or anything similar in that way. You may be lucky to have one or two small cavities fit the specifics the students are looking for. Then go for it- it's a great opportunity for free work. Know, though, that most cavities don't- that's why students get so desperate.


My filling came out, I have no insurance & not a lot of cash where is a free dentist Near ORLANDO?
Q. Need a free dentist quickly...excessive pain near orlando or someone who will take payments. Every add i see winds up being tampa or ft lauderdale.

A. If you have Medicaid, call them and ask if there is a dentist in your area who takes Medicaid. You can buy something in the drug store to temporarily hold the filling in, but you could have a serious problem that must be seen right away like an abscess if it hurts a lot. You may need antibiotics as well as dental care


Best way to clean teeth without a dentist?
Q. I'm not talking about whitening, I'm talking about delaying/helping inflamed gums and such. My boyfriend has no insurance and we have no money.. we are going to try to help his teeth out while we find a free dentist. I was thinking already of brushing and flossing multiple times a day of course and using a water-hydrogen peroxide solution for mouthwash every day along with a saltwater solution (seperately). Also, regular mouthwash. Anything else to help?
Also, he has been brushing by the way. Just thought I'd throw that out there since people might assume not. His teeth aren't in horrible condition.. just a couple cavities probably and gums that bleed a bit here and there.
Ok.. NO hydrogen peroxide lol.
Edit: Thanks to the people that obviously don't know how to read the details of the question and don't understand that I'm NOT ASKING HOW TO WHITEN TEETH. I could care less about whitening my teeth and I think he could care less also.

A. Go to your local Community College. If they have a Dental Hygiene Program the students will clean teeth for free.

P.S. Don't rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide--. It can burn the gums.


Is there a place I can go for close to free dental care ?
Q. I think my wisdom teeth are coming in and my entire mouth is in ALOT of pain I live in miami fl 33155 dose anyone know of atleast a cheap or free dentist to go to Im unemployed right now so I can't afforded to much. Oh and Im 18

A. No there is no free place, but there are cheaper places like dental schools and clinics





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment