Sunday, December 9, 2012

How much does an average dentist make?

Q. I live in the suburbs outside of Atlanta and I plan on becoming a dentist. How much does a dentist make? How much does a dentist make once he starts up his own practice? Thanks!

A. The median wage is about $150,000 per year. It could possibly be higher in a private practice.


Does Atlanta Dentist give free laughing gas?
Q. He said the dentist was on the radio and was like "remember, free laughing gas for every patient. We don't support drug addicts because all drugs are good when used responsibly". I don't know if I believe him, either way I think it's funny. Anyone else heard this, if so do you know the name of the Dentist?

A. Isn't laughing gas nitrous oxide? When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, that's what they gave me. I don't know if it's still the drug of choice with dentists/oral surgeons, but at one point it was pretty common. If this dentist on the radio implies that he gives laughing gas to all patients, regardless of need -- he'll inevitably lose his license.


Are there emergency dental offices that will take out your wisdom teeth?
Q. I went to my dentist today and my one wisdom tooth is coming in sideways. I only need the bottom two out.
They gave us a few oral surgeons to call but I'm only on my insurance for another month. Do some places take emergency cases? Or are there some oral surgeons who can do the surgery within a week or so?

A. Yes, atleast here in Atlanta area there few oral surgeons who had appointments for this week, it depends on their schedule.

Normally the oral surgeon would ask you that he would need to evaluate your tooth which costs about $180, if your insurance pays it then it would be just $20 co-pay depending on your type of insurance.

If the wisdom tooth is not impacted, then the payment for an extraction would be around $160, normally some insurance cover 80% of the cost for such extractions. Recent research indicate pre medication is good for stopping infection. If general or local anesthisia is needed then the cost might slightly increase depending on whether you perform the procedure in dental hospital or at regular dental clinic. Some dentists are also very skillful in removing wisdom tooth. I wish you all the best.


Does any body have a good reference on a good dentist located in the metro Atlanta area?
Q. I need a good reference for a good dentist in the metro atlanta area, cause i have had some bad experiences with the one i amwith now
That accept Blue Cross Blue Shield

A. Try Dental TLC on Hilderbrand Road (in Sandy Springs.) Not sure where in metro Atlanta you're located, but they're very convenient to 285. And they take Blue Cross.

I went there to have a bunch of work done (they also do sedation dentistry if you're interested). The staff is extremely nice and professional. I'm a big baby when it comes to going to the dentist and they definitely made me feel comfortable.

Here's their contact info:

290 Hilderbrand Drive
Suite A-9
Atlanta, GA 30328
(404) 255-2273
www.dentaltlc.com





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment