Sunday, December 9, 2012

looking for a pro bono dentist in missouri, arkansas, memphis, Tn.?

Q. Daughter needs braces I need to find a pro bono dentist.

A. Contact your local or state dental association and and see if there are any dentists who provide free or reduced cost care for low-income, disabled or senior patients.

Call your local health department and ask about health centers that provide dental care for free or on a sliding scale.

Your local United Way may also be aware of such a clinic. In some areas, you can reach them now by dialing 2-1-1 for "non-emergency information."

Go to a dental school, if there is one near you, for reduced costs. This may be your best choice, because most do not consider "need of braces" suitable for pro bono treatment.

If you are a senior citizen, call your local Area Agency on Aging or Office on Aging. If you can not find a listing in your local phone book on the "County Government" pages (usually marked with blue borders), call toll-free 1-800-677-1116 to find how to contact the Area Agency on Aging serving you.

Check http://www.toothwoman.net to see if low-cost or free dental services are available near you.

Check http://bphc.hrsa.gov and choose "Find a Health Center" to see if there is a low-cost clinic near you.

Check http://www.nfdh.org/DDS.html to see if your state has a "Donated Dental Services" program. D.D.S. is designed to locate dentists who will give free care to patients who are financially compromised due to medical problems. This is a process that will take a couple of months to get your information and then arrange for someone to see you. Not all states have D.D.S. programs.

If worse comes to worse, check out http://www.prosper.com and see if you can find a funding source.


Braces wait is to long!!!!?
Q. i stay i memphis tn and i need to get braces but my mom called the place and they said i would have to wait 2-6 months just to get an appointment THAT'S TO LONG so does any one no any good places to get my braces done and i have Tenn-Care

A. Even if you are paying cash for the braces, it can take six weeks or more to get an initial appointment with the dentist. Have patience.


I am a girl crying in need!!!!!!!!! I need a new job!!!!!!!?
Q. I live in Memphis, TN. I work at this printing company called C-Graphics Printing. This job sucks, big time!!!!!!!!! There are only 4 employees working at this job and we don't get raises, no benefits, no nothing. The only thing we got is a week of vacation. I have been going there for 4 years and and haven't got a raise. There are other people that have worked here for 24 years and haven't got an raise since I don't know when. The owner of the business makes enough money to give 3 of his employers raises every year. It could be just a few cents or whatever. Nobody can live off 350 a week. I know I can't cause cost of living keeps going up. Also the owner is dishonest about his work most of the time especially to new customers (white people) that have big orders. It is just not right for him to do people that way. It is a black own business. Those be the most cunniving people I know. I am not like that. I like to do people right don't matter what race or background that person might be. The printer at the job almost assaulted me one time, cause I am not his friend. Then one time the owner wife came to the job and told me I had to leave because her husband wasn't getting enough money for her to buy a new car. I mean she came up to the job and assaulted me. I told the police and everything. The only reason why I am still at this job is because I can't find one right now. I am grateful to have a job cause it pays the bills, but I hate this job. It is too much tension here and I am ready to go. Please help me find another job! This is a girl crying in need!!!!!!!!!! The things I can do is, Administrative Assistant, Office Clerk, Warehouse Worker, just anything paying more than 12.00 hr.

A. Unlike all the fake users above with lame (and identical) answers, I'm a real human. The best I can do to help you is to tell you to pull yourself together (lol), update your resume the best you can, and post it on Monster.com.

Check daily for jobs on Monster.com. Also, call up a job placement agency and ask them to look for jobs for you. They'll want you to come in at some point and do some tests, like typing skills, etc.

You *want* a job that will give you benefits. You'd make a great administrative assistant, and the pay for those guys can be anywhere from cheap to lucrative, depending on whom you're working for.

You need to leave that place, though. Just don't quit. Don't quit until you have a job. If you need to take off for a day to do an interview, just say you're going to the dentists or your car is in the shop or something.

Also, if you're working 40 hours a week and you aren't getting enough vacation, check at the library about the laws of employment. I don't know anything about this, unfortunately, but your boss could be working all of you illegally in order to make more money for himself.

But you can report him to the Better Business Bureau or file a lawsuit against him in the future. Right now you need to find a new job to keep yourself happy.

Good luck and god bless!


low cost dental care in Knoxville, tn area?
Q. Bah! I have very bad molars, including 2 that are currently crumbling away.

I have no insurence and very little disposable income. can anyone help me find a dentist that can extract my molars and create partials for me. I am in pain and broke!
sorry, I evidently cannot spell well with a child on my lap, LOL.

A. Since I'm from New England, I have no idea where Knoxville is in relation to Nashville, but check out this link of US dental schools:
http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/programs/search_ddsdmd_us.asp
It shows a school in Nashville and another in Memphis. Dental schools are a great way to get quality, low-cost care.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

1 comment:

  1. When looking for family dentist be sure to check out time of practice of a particular family dentist or how he has been into that practice. Information you require knowing about this generally ranges from the training of the dentist to his clinical experience.

    Missouri Family Dentist

    ReplyDelete