Sunday, December 9, 2012

if you schedule an emergency dentist appointment, how fast till the can see you?

Q. if you schedule an emergency dentist appointment, how fast till the can see you? the place where we go isnt seeing us for a cleaning till febuary.. and i really need a referal to the ortho asap and i can definetly not wait that long.

A. If you are in pain you will be seen the same day. A referral to the orthodontist is not considered an emergency. You may want to call and they can put you on a call list and if someone breaks or cancels an appointment, they can call you right in.


What to do if emergency dentists are unavailable?
Q. My dad is in unbearable pain. His tooth is killing him. We have called all the emergency dentists in our area and none called back. It keeps getting worse. What should he do?

A. Most hospitals' Emergency Rooms have a dentist or oral surgeon on call........ get him there if no one calls you back.

Even if you aren't a patient of record at a dental office, an emergency is an emergency, especially in your case........someone should have had the courtesy to call you back.

Best of luck to you and your Dad.

:)


Filling fell out - could I go to an Emergency Dentist to get it fixed?
Q. I've had a filling thats been giving me alot of problems (aching, foul taste etc), I went to the dentist and he said I'd have to have Root Canal done..anyway, the filling fell out earlier, and I was wondering if I'd be liable to go to an emergency dentist to get it fixed up? Rather than wait 10 days till my dentist appointment. Any help/views would be appreciated!

A. mine fell out a year ago they made me make an appointment but could be different where you are.


At what point does a toothache become an emergency?
Q. I have this sharp pain occasionally in the upper right area of my jaw. I can't pin it on a specific tooth so I think it may be in the gums or even the joint. My dentist is away on vacation for another week and a half. The pain is manageable and I would say it is something I can tolerate for that long but if it is something more serious I do not want to leave it to get complicated. Should I find an emergency dentist if it is just a minor annoyance?

A. Hmm... you might want to be careful with that. Do you know of another good dentist in your area? It might pay just to have them look at it and suss it out, then if it is something that needs attending to they can tell you if it's okay to wait until your usual dentist returns.

However, if it is a rather minor pain it's probably okay to leave until your dentists comes back. I hope it all works are well for you! :)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment