Sunday, December 9, 2012

I have to get twelve teeth pulled before getting dentures. How long will I be unable to go to work?

Q. I am saving the money and currently have $2000 and wonder if I can get the entire procedure done for that price, but I am also afraid that it will be so painful that I will miss work.....I am from Columbus Ohio. Is there an affordable dentist in my area?

A. I had my top teeth pulled 3 years ago (at 5 months pregnant!!) to get a full upper denture...they just shot me with novocaine (couldn't put me out cause of the baby) so iw as awake for the whole procedure. And I actually didn't need or feel good about using anything stronger than regular Tylenol after...and I had it done on Friday and was back to work by Monday...even though honestly I felt good enough that I could've went the next day. Do yourself a favor though and make sure that they have a denture ready-to-fit before you leave the office so you can go home with one. One other word of advice, if you do pay for one to take with you right away, DON'T buy the best one b/c your gums will swell and the denture will fit ok for a few months, but when the swelling goes down and your gums settle down, then your denture won't fit and you will have to mess with a million creams and they STILL won't fit right. Realize that you will have to get another one and then it should last about 10 years or so. They didn't tell me that and now I'm stuck with a denture that doesn't fit...


Anyone know of a dentist in Columbus,Ohio that does the snap on smile?
Q. I am looking for a dentist in the Columbus,Ohio area that does the snap on smile.Does anyone know of a good one,and how much the device cost?
Thanks in advance.
I don't live in Columbus,I live in a small town close to Columbus and I don't have access to the phone book to find one.

A. Look in the yellow pages for denture clinics. Or, try to catch their ads on TV.


I have no money and no insurance where can I go in Columbus, OH to get a tooth pulled?
Q. I have no money and no insurance where can I go in Columbus, OH to get a tooth pulled?

A. Contact your local or state dental association and and see if there are any dentists who provide free or reduced cost care for low-income, disabled or senior patients.

Call your local health department and ask about health centers that provide dental care for free or on a sliding scale.

Your local United Way may also be aware of such a clinic. In some areas, you can reach them now by dialing 2-1-1 for "non-emergency information."

Go to a dental school, if there is one near you, for reduced costs.

If you are a senior citizen, call your local Area Agency on Aging or Office on Aging. If you can not find a listing in your local phone book on the "County Government" pages (usually marked with blue borders), call toll-free 1-800-677-1116 to find how to contact the Area Agency on Aging serving you.

Check http://www.toothwoman.net to see if low-cost or free dental services are available near you.

Check http://bphc.hrsa.gov and choose "Find a Health Center" to see if there is a low-cost clinic near you.

Check http://www.nfdh.org/DDS.html to see if your state has a "Donated Dental Services" program. D.D.S. is designed to locate dentists who will give free care to patients who are financially compromised due to medical problems. This is a process that will take a couple of months to get your information and then arrange for someone to see you. Not all states have D.D.S. programs.

If worse comes to worse, check out http://www.prosper.com and see if you can find a funding source.


good plan for becoming a dental assistant?
Q. I am 19 years old and currently live in Columbus, Ohio. I would like to relocate to Florida in a year.
There is no ADA approved course for dental assisting in my city. If I'm reading the info correctly, I would need to attend one to be a dental assistant in Florida. Does anyone know if this is correct?
Should I wait and attend school in Florida instead?

A. You should find a dentist first.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment