Sunday, December 9, 2012

How much of this dental work can I get done with my $1500 maximum?

Q. I'm getting Delta Dental PPO on Feb. 1. I need five crowns and two bridges. How much of that work can I get done under coverage?

A. The amount of work you can get done depends on the dentists fees for a crown/bridge. Usually an insurance will cover about 50% of of these procedures. Say the crowns are $900 ea, 1/2 of that is $450. So, continue to do your math and you'll see it's going to be about 3 crowns/1 bridge before you've maxed out your insurance for the year.
You may want to look into 3rd party financing like Care Credit so that you aren't limited to one bridge or 3 crowns for the year.
Look into it. They're pretty lenient with credit and with the amount you're looking to finance, could qualify for 0% for the first year.
If you have some special skills that may be beneficial to the dentist, like maybe website design, marketing, auto repair, etc. He may be willing to work out a trade with you.
Good luck with the completion of your treatment. =)


What is the cost to remove 2 top fully erupted wisdom teeth and a bottom impacted one?
Q. I am getting 3 wisdom teeth removed and I have Delta Dental insurance which covers 80% however a 100.00 deductible needs to be met first. What do you think the cost out of pocket will be for me when its done? Should I call my dentist and get an estimate? Thank you!

A. Probably between 200 and 500$ It cost 500 for my husbands 2 bottom impacted wisdom teeth with 80% coverage. Hope this helps. And buy lots of pudding and jello don't drink through straws it can cause dry socket!


What I should to do if A filling fell out of my tooth?
Q. My filling just fell out. No pain and no bad feeling now. Where can I buy some glue to refill the filling staff?
I have not got the subscriber number even though I joined the Delta Dental DHMO 2010. Any suggestions on a temporary filling until I can get to the dentist, maybe next week?
Thank you.

A. Do NOT put glue in, it will be very hard to get out and will not do anything to help with sensitivity. Go to the Dentist and they can put a temporary (zinc oxide eugonal) on until it can be filled in or they can just fill it in. It shouldn't cost much to re-do it.


Regarding dental care: Is there a difference in quality of care received from a PPO provider than a Non-PPO?
Q. My Delta Dental insurance provides a 60% co-pay for Non--PPO and an 80% co-pay for a PPO dental care provider. And are the allowed amounts that are set by Delta Dental different for a PPO and Non-PPO provider for the same procedure?

A. PPO providers are usually paid at a lower rate than a non provider. Thus the insurance company can make more of a profit. That is why they pay less and you have more out of pocket expense if you see one. It has nothing to do with their level of expertise. My personal opinion after practicing dentistry for over 40 years, is that most non providers are better dentists and have plenty of patients and do not need to get paid at a lower rate for their services. That is why they do not sign on as providers.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment