Saturday, December 8, 2012

How much would a dentist in the domincan republic charge my for braces?

Q. really how much- i went to different dominican dentist website but they don't list prices
dentists in other countries do but they are too far away

-another question- if i get braces in another country can i still go to a local dentist to tighten them- i can't see why not...especially if i pay him/her cash
-anyone knows wher i can get braces for under $1,500

A. I'm getting mine done in the Philippines where it's only going to be $800-$1000 USD. I live in the US


How far do you drive to your dentist?
Q. if you have a dentist that you like a lot (so far), but then you move an hour away. you switch to a local dentist and have some problems and now you can't seem to trust any local dentist. would you just force yourself to trust the local dentist or would you go back to the one that is an hour away to get his opinion?

A. I too live over an hour away from my dentist, but their staff is stupendous! I wouldn't go anywhere else!

I say its worth it! Its your teeth we're talking about here, not some shopping mall...


Does anone know of a good restorative dentist in Cincy who barters or would like to use me in ads?
Q. My teeth are a mess! Due to previous injury (car wreck in 1988), my teeth have gone steadily downhill since. I've had numerous surgeries and veneers and, most recently, an implant in front. I used to be very proud of my teeth and now suffer from really low self-esteem because of the situation my mouth has become. I'm missing some teeth in the front and this is really affecting my ability to find work, interact with others and overall feel very good about myself. Since I don't have insurance and even indigent programs in local hospitals don't cover restorative procedures (implants, veneers), I'm hoping to find a local dentist or company that would be willing to barter for these type of services. I work as a local writer/editor/graphic artist, so maybe I culd provide these services in return. I'd be more than willing to appear in before-and-after photos in ads to promote the person(s) who could do this for me. I'm at the end of my rope and thought I would try this...PLEASE HELP!

A. Try posting an ad at U-Exchange in Ohio. It's a barter only site that's free.

In the past I have found dental work for my daughter there.

Good luck in getting your teeth fixed.
http://www.u-exchange.com/memberlist/United%20States/Ohio/View-All


Where Can I Find A Dentist That Would Donate Their Services?
Q. I live on San Antonio, Texas, and I live on disability. I had had cancer, beat it, but now I need some restorative dental work done. I don't have dental insurance, and I have constant pain with my teeth. I need 4 teeth to be extracted, and get a set of dentures. I tired the local dental school, but their not taking applications right now. I've tried a couple of local dentist(for instance Dr.Crouch) but they want $ 2,000 to $ 4,000. I certainly cannot afford that. All I want is a nice set of dentures, by a dentist that knows what they are doing, and that don't look as though they were made with Sculpey Clay. Know anyone like that?
I've already tried, they would not take any apllications right now
We did have a kind of dental clinic called Affordable Dentures; but the closed down the location here in town

A. Dont take this wrong, but coming from a dental assistant, dentists get hit up all the time to take on charity cases. The money that they make doesn't all go in their pockets. They also have salaries to pay to their staff, so they can not take on every request for free dental services that they recieve. My dentist does take on alot of cases like this or accident victims, but after awhile he has to finally say no, because there are alot of people asking the same thing as you. Best advice I can give is to have a family member or friend write a letter telling about your disease and give any examples of the great unselfish things you do and send it to all the dentists in the area. My dentist would be more apt to accept a case like this if a family member wrote the letter and not the person wanting the dental work.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment