Tuesday, December 4, 2012

How much is general anesthesia for wisdom teeth removal?

Q. I live in Los Angeles and has HMO insurance. I don't think the insurance will cover the anesthesia. My primary dentist is advising to have 2 wisdom teeth removed. I got a quote of $400 for GA. Is that too much? I was thinking of just getting all 4 removed if I have to pay that much for the anesthesia alone.


What's the best alternative for GA and is it tolerable? And how much would it cost?


How much is general anesthesia normally?

A. Just a heads up,you may not want them to give you a drug called Versed

In fact, many people who use Versed for "conscious sedation" during a procedure are awake for the entire procedure but remember nothing, often believing they were "out" the whole time.



Versed (Midazolam) is an amnestic. It is commonly administered in combination with anesthesia before and during surgery. It is also commonly used for minor procedures like colonoscopies dental procedures like extractions,conscience sedation,twilight sleep, so that patients won't remember pain and discomfort.HOWEVER THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THOSE SENSATIONS WILL NOT BE EXPERIENCED!!!!Forgetting does no mean it did not happen!! Amnesia does NOT take place for some patients.

IT'S NOT MY INTENTION FOR YOU TO NOT GET THE PROCEDURE DONE, JUST INFORMING YOU THAT YOU MAY WANT IT DONE WITH ANOTHER DRUG!!!!!


How much will a Dentist cost for filling without insurance?
Q. I have a root canal tooth(canine) whose filling came out due to chewing some hard substance. I want to get my cavity filled asap.However, I do not have dental insurance. I am located in Los Angeles area.How much would be approximate cost ? What can I do to cut my cost to minimum?

A. Mine charged less than 200 dollars for my last filling, but I'm not in LA.


I need to get my wisdom teeth taken out where do I find a good dentist?
Q. I moved from Ohio to Burbank and Its that time. Ahh!

Does anyone recommend a excellent dentist that is pain free, haha.

los angeles,burbank area

Thank you!

A. "Pain free" is possible if you go to an Oral Surgeon (not a regular dentist) who specializes is tooth extractions. He can put you to sleep and when you wake up it'll all be done! Here are some names of credible doc's in your area.

Radack Keith L DDS: Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery�
2625 W Alameda Ave # 200
Burbank, CA 91505
aaoms.org

Stamper Elgan P DDS: Oral & Maxillofical Surgery�
500 N Central Ave # 710
Glendale, CA 91203
foothilldentalimplants.com�

American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
1146 N Brand Blvd
Glendale, CA 91202

Good luck!


What is the average cost for root canal anterior? And how much for the post build up?
Q. My dentist recommended root canal for my 2 teeth and I was quoted $1000 for both which includes the post. Is this the on going rate in Los Angeles, CA?

A. The usual rate per tooth before final restoration is $902.

It is definitely a good idea to shop around, just in case you decide not to go with that provider.

Our family uses a dental network that gives good discounts in the LA area. And there are many providers in this network located all over the LA area.

The rate for anterior root canal without final restoration
is $375 per tooth (58% off).

The network's providers in your area can give you detailed quotes. Use the provider search engine to pick a few providers to compare.
The website is at:
http://www.ourdentalservice.com

To become a member you pay $20 to sign up and the $19.95 monthly fee. Up to 20 people living in the same residence as you are also able to use the same discount membership card at no extra charge. And there are other features and savings that come with it, as well.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment