Saturday, December 1, 2012

I have to get twelve teeth pulled before getting dentures. How long will I be unable to go to work?

Q. I am saving the money and currently have $2000 and wonder if I can get the entire procedure done for that price, but I am also afraid that it will be so painful that I will miss work.....I am from Columbus Ohio. Is there an affordable dentist in my area?

A. I had my top teeth pulled 3 years ago (at 5 months pregnant!!) to get a full upper denture...they just shot me with novocaine (couldn't put me out cause of the baby) so iw as awake for the whole procedure. And I actually didn't need or feel good about using anything stronger than regular Tylenol after...and I had it done on Friday and was back to work by Monday...even though honestly I felt good enough that I could've went the next day. Do yourself a favor though and make sure that they have a denture ready-to-fit before you leave the office so you can go home with one. One other word of advice, if you do pay for one to take with you right away, DON'T buy the best one b/c your gums will swell and the denture will fit ok for a few months, but when the swelling goes down and your gums settle down, then your denture won't fit and you will have to mess with a million creams and they STILL won't fit right. Realize that you will have to get another one and then it should last about 10 years or so. They didn't tell me that and now I'm stuck with a denture that doesn't fit...


Looking for an Affordable / Cheap Dentist - Milwaukee or surrounding areas?
Q. I have a lot of work that needs to be done and am looking for an affordable dentist in Milwaukee or the surrounding cities as I do not have dental insurance and plan to pay cash. Anyone know of a cheaper affordable dentist?

Marquette is OUT of the question as they have a long wait (3-6 weeks just to get back to you after you apply).

Any names would be appreciated.

A. Maybe this website should be of some use to you: www.healthsavings.ourperfectcard.com I signed up online over 5 years ago now and they have saved me thousands of dollars over the years. From extractions, xrays, filling...etc. all services are included in this very affordable plan. They even had my very affordable plan active in 2 hours and was able to use them the very same day. good luck and hope this helps.


I need to have two crowns in molars in my back teeth. How much should this cost?
Q. Would like to know an estimate of what this procedure would cost if I pay CASH. Have no insurance. Need to find an affordable Dentist in Maryland, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Frederick, or Pennsylvania area. thx hgc

A. Probably around $1600.


are there any howard univ college of dentistry alum in the dallas/ft worth area?
Q. I recently moved to North Texas and need an affordable dentist in the metroplex to continue the treatment I started at Howard Univ. last fall. If no alum, then what orthos in the are could help me out.-I am a student with no insurance who lives in the Denton area. Thanks alot!

A. safest to check with the alum support from campus





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment